Thursday, December 20, 2007

Perkins

Sunday, September 18, 2005

10:00 AM - perkins
Current mood: accomplished
Category: Romance and Relationships
still uninspired i left him there.
in the same parking lot where we had our fourth last goodbye. looking around i was wondering "had anyone been able to see what i couldnt before?"
was this fucking stinking cloud surrounding us blurring my view of the sidewalk?

after breakfast, smoke masked the smell of him on my shoulder. i could see the flags and smell the coffee and hear more clearly now these well rehersed lines of "forever i"ll love you and i swear i'd never"s, i had forgotten where i would stand.
I had no recollection of how i got there again.
weakened by half an arm slung around my neck and a finger on my lip that was NOT quivering, his camel had extinguished itself somewhere behind my head in my hair i didnt care. it could burn there smouldering like we had again. and again.
it had only taken me three minutes to smell his smoke before i walked away



first written fall of 2004

No comments: